Friday, January 23, 2009

Today's Topic - Interns at the Center

Today I want to talk about the interns here at the Center. They are part of a wonderful program at Holy Family Cristo Rey Catholic High School. When I started here at the Center a year ago, the interns were already here. I didn't quite know what they did or what, as their new boss, I should have them do. Well, I quickly found out that the 4 young ladies we had were wonderful. They were like sponges, eager to soak up any and all information, skills and even life lessons from everyone here.

Craig Ey with the Birmingham Business Journal wrote a piece on the school on December 19, 2008 (to read the story click the link: http://birmingham.bizjournals.com/birmingham/stories/2008/12/22/story1.html) . When I called him to ask if it was OKt for me to link his story to this blog his answer was a very quick, "Sure". This school is known as "The School That Works" and work they do. Here at the Center we have 4 interns, they are each assigned a day to come in and they rotate on Mondays. We have 1 from each grade level 9 - 12. These girls are always well dressed, well spoken and willing to help. I must say that once put on task, they will get it done, no matter what "it" is.

Recently, Edith and I got a very nice surprise. Our senior from last year came by to say "HI". She is going to Miles College and is also working at UAB. It was exciting to see her and to hear that what she did for us here helped to prepare her for her job now that is putting her through college.
Here are the contacts for the school, I would encourage you to give them a call for more informationl. Yes, you are getting help for your business, but the students are getting valuable experience and education to take them wherever it is they want to go.

Holy Family President - Father Alex Steinmiller
Corporate Intership Director - Jan Fuller - (205) 263-0139 or jfuller@hfcrhs.com
Corporate Internship Asst - LaTanya Lee - (205) 263-0141 or llee@hfcrhs.com

That's all I have for now! Have a Great weekend!

Talk to you later,

Noelle

2 comments:

  1. I've wondered exactly what the interns did, but I assumed they are doing general clerical work. I'm glad to hear that you had a chance to see how helpful your work with the school has been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. It is nice to hear that people are reading about our blog.

    ReplyDelete